Subject: RIM SC Mtg: Validation Issues

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can attend the RIM SC meeting tomorrow, July 19, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time at the usual telecom conference connection to discuss Validation Issues. For some the rest of this message is a repeat but it is good to remind us of these issues.

Lately while diligently attempting to debug multiple validation problems with EDXL-SitRep-v1.0.xsd and examples using EDXL-DE v1.0 and 2.0 the RIM SC has noted recurring issues. Some of these we have encountered previously, and have been noted by others like David Webber and Lee Tincher.

Some involve multiple imports from existing industry standards like xenc-schema.xsd, xml.xsd, xmldsig-core-schema.xsd and xlink.xsd and our own supporting elements edxl-ciq,edxl-ct and edxl-gsf.

Some problems come from inconsistent usages from different authors at different times some of whom have moved on and are no longer available to help solve.

Some problems come from inconsistent practices across xml tools that parse and validate schema.

And there are always typos and errors.

Regardless, we have collected and perpetuated enough of these that it behooves us to address the issues across our family of specifications, and we in the RIM SC would like to gather our best minds to do this.So, let's see if we can come up with as equitable a plan as possible to spread out the work and accomplish the task of cleaning up our important work.

Thanks,

Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design
Email: rexb@starbourne.com