Subject: Reminder: Meeting Tomorrow: Navigating to latest official version of specifications

Hi Chet, Fellow RIM SC Members,

This is a reminder that we have the EM RIM SC Meeting tomorrow 7 Nov. 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time and I am repeating my followup below from last week's EM TC Meeting. Note: I think we can use the directory tree for edxl-de/ http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-de/ as an example and to follow through on other ongoing agenda issues.

Pursuant to the topic broached in today's EM TC Meeting, I want to invite you to the EM RIM SC meeting Tuesday 7 November 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (first week of standard time once again) to discuss; Navigating to latest official version of specifications.

This specifically refers to navigating from http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/ or http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency-adopt/ to the latest official standards-track or Committee Note version of any given specification per filetype.

Our suggestion: adding an asterisk to denote ' * = click to follow path to latest official standards-track or Committee Note version of specification per filetype'.

This asterisk-guided selection would begin with the first directory selected at the top level emergency or emergency-adopt directory. We accept there is no shortage of issues, and we recognize that we'll have to live with multiple asterisk-denoted latest official standards-track or Committee Note versions. But as long as we're accurate, our users can have confidence that they are actually, ultimately, getting the latest official standards-track or Committee Note version of a given specification per filetype with no real ambiguity.

Cheers,

Rex Brooks
Starbourne Communications Design
Email: rexb@starbourne.com