Subject: Fwd: [members] Open source at OASIS

HG\i Everyone,

I'd like to discuss this in today's meeting. I recognize it would be difficult to attract sponsors for our Toolkit/Framework, but it could help us a lot. It is at least worth considering.

Rex

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [members] Open source at OASIS
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 09:15:01 -0400
From: Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
To: members@lists.oasis-open.org

Members,
​OASIS is now accepting proposals for Open Projects--our new ​program that​ supports shared community development of code, APIs, specifications, reference implementations, and protocols--all in one place, all under popular open source licenses.

Unlike a typical foundation, OASIS enables open source work to be recognized and referenced in international policy and procurement. That's a huge boost for adoption and credibility. Open Project sponsors have the choice to advance their work through the OASIS approval process with the potential for publication by ISO, IEC, ITU, ANSI, the EU via MSP, and other bodies.

Each Open Project will be governed by its own group of sponsoring organizations, but anyone will be able to contribute to the work​.

If you have an open source project that needs a start or a new home, we want to make it easy for you to bring it to OASIS. For the next three months, current OASIS Sponsor ​members will receive a 30% discount off an annual Open Project sponsorship fee and Contributors will receive 10% off.

​Please contact me to discuss details.

Kind regards,
Carol

​​Open Projects Website

Open Projects Handbook

Open Project Charter Template

​Open Project Rules

--
Carol Geyer
Chief Development Officer

Borderless Cyber 2018, 3-5 Oct, Washington, DC
Hosted by The World Bank, OASIS, and Georgetown University