Subject: Meeting Reminder, Re: homework

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would use a reply to the messages below, and make it a reminder of our meeting Aug 24, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I also want to add my approval, and thanks, Jeff! We can discuss it tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rex

On 8/19/2021 4:56 AM, elysajones@yahoo.com wrote:

Nice job, Jeff! I would like for you to do an overview on the MS StC call today and perhaps we can move this forward. Thanks, Elysa

From: Jeff Waters <jeffrywaters@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 9:35 PM
To: Elysa Jones <elysajones@yahoo.com>; rexb (rexb@starbourne.com) <rexb@starbourne.com>
Subject: homework

Hi:

 I promised I would try to draft the items mentioned in Chet's instructions quoted below,Ânamely the following:

1) Github repository name: I suggest "github.com/oasis-open/emf"

I like this name because it is short and sweet and easy to remember.

2) a shortÂdescription that will appear alongside the repo name in github: I suggest "The OASIS Emergency Management Framework (EMF) is a reference implementation and toolkit for enabling standardized emergency information exchange using the OASIS Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL). With the EMF, developers and users can create, send, store, template, visualize, search and organize emergency messages. EDXL provides standardized alerting, resource sharing, situation reporting, tracking of emergency patients and clients, hospital availability, as well as packaging and addressing of emergency messages and attachments."

3) A longer purpose README file referencing the MIT license and the name(s), email(s) and Github id(s) for one or more people who will act as the initial maintainers. I've provided my suggested README attached. I wrote this as a plain text file in Markdown format, so I've attached the plaintext file as well as the pretty version, i.e. the way it would look in github. I suggest we use all three of our names for references, but if we get AIDIQ onboard, then we can list them first as the primary maintainers along with Rex. Elysa, I suggest you sign up for a Github account, and we can add your Github username to the README file.

4) You'll note in the README that I suggest installing and running the EMF as a docker container. This ensures the most reliable reproduction of the working software, since it includes all dependencies, and doesn't require the user install a bunch of dependencies directly onto their machines. This I think is easiest and best for a non-production reference implementation. Sahana does have a Dockerfile with a specific readme, however, I had problems running it. So this is something we'll need to track down. For production versions, Sahana recommends using Amazon Web Services as their cloud version, although they support others. I'd like to pass on the Docker issue with Sahana to AIDIQ for their feedback and perhaps fix. I don't think this impacts are immediate desire to draft a README. We can always state at the beginning that this effort is initially "Under Construction" or something.

So that's my homework. Perhaps you can share this with the new member(s) of our RIM as well. If youÂwant to make changes, feel free. You can edit the ".md" document with any text editor and then just load it into Chrome if you install the Markdown Viewer Extension.ÂÂ

Thanks.

--Jeff

P.S. The requested deliverables from Chet were derived from the segment included below from his earlier email.

What needs to happen is that someone needs to bring a motion (or an e-ballot) to the TC to approve setting up the Open Repo. In the motion/ballot, you need to include:Âthe proposed github repository name, e.g. emergency-edxl-ri,Âa short (>300 word) description that will appear alongside the repo name in github,Âa longer purpose statement that will go in the README file,Âthe MIT license, and theÂname(s), email(s), and Github id(s) for one or more people who will act as the initial maintainers. I'll bet you have a lot of that text in theÂSoW already.

Once you have that, then you can assign us the job of setting up the repo using the form atÂhttps://www.oasis-open.org/project-administration-support-requests/form-request-an-oasis-tc-open-repository-project-be-created/