Subject: Reminder: Meeting Today - Agenda items

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that we have our regularly scheduled telecon meeting today at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

We will catch up on where we are and what we want to do the rest of this year with the holidays nipping at our heels. This also our last meeting within Daylight Savings time.

We need to figure out if it is worth our while to push forward with giving TC Admin a pulse check about the proposal for quote from AIDIQ and see what they have to say about their schedule.

At a minimum we should consider the two following messages.

On 8-13-2021 Jeff brought up our recurring difficulty with "Latest" version:

Hi:

 Just wanted to share my thought that weÂshould still strive to make our schemas and helperÂcode easier to find. I wanted to look at our latest RM schema in docs.oasis-open.org, after the movingÂemail sentÂby Dominic about wanting to use RM in Germany, so i went to the OASIS directoryÂhttps://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-rm/v1.0/. But when I get there, what I see is shown in the attached image.ÂÂ

 Now which directory contains our latest schema? Is it in "cd01" or "cs01"? Or is it in "errata", "OS", "pr02", or "pr03"? These directory names mean nothing to our users and even I can't keep them straight. So I just go by the date of the directory. We've talked and asked to have this cleaned up several times and nothing happens. I can't remember exactly what we proposed last time, but one solution is to just have two directories, one called "latest" and one called "old-versions" and put all of the current directories into "old-versions" and grab whichever is the latest schema zip (containing the schema, example code, documentation, etc. - everything needed for a developer to get started) and put it into "latest".

On 09-16-2021Jeff suggested the following text for a motion to get our Open Repository back on track :

Below is the motion that I would recommend having approved by the EMTC, If you and Rex agree. (The complete readme that I prepared is too detailed and involves guidance thatÂis still under construction, so I don't think it is appropriate to include in the motion; however, Chet may want that README to setup the repo once the motion is passed, so in that case, I would give him the README but put UNDER CONSTRUCTION at the top. But we can worry about that later.) Thanks!

--Jeff
Â------------ MOTION ---------------
MOTION To approve setting up the Emergency Management Framework toolkit Open Repo. The following details are provided:

The proposed github repository name: github.com/oasis-open/emf

A short description:Â
"The OASIS Emergency Management Framework (EMF) is a reference implementation and toolkit for enabling standardized emergency information exchange using the OASIS Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL). With the EMF, developers and users can create, send, store, search, organize, and visualize emergency messages. EDXL provides standardized alerting, resource sharing, situation reporting, tracking of emergency patients and clients, hospital availability, as well as packaging and addressing of emergency messages and attachments."

A more detailed README will be a living document will be part of the repository and will contain the purpose statement, information about how to contribute and use the open repo software, when it is available, and the following information:
* The license will be MIT license (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
* Initial Maintainers will be:Â
 -- Rex Brooks (rexb@starbourne.com, https://github.com/rexbroo
 -- Elysa Jones (elysajones@yahoo.com
 -- Jeff Waters (jeffrywaters@gmail.com, https://github.com/jeffryhw)

I want to thank Jeff for these messages and that, together with my opening suggestion for a pulse check on the status of our proposal for an Open Repository, these items constitute our agenda.

Cheers,