emergency-tep message

Subject: Agenda: TEP meeting today 4:00 PM EST

All,

Please plan to attend today’s meeting.  As it looks like we are settling in on May 29 – May 21 in the DC area, let’s briefly touch on that regarding logistics, but not dwell on it until we close with Elysa and the member section on funding support.

I would like to use today as a planning call for productivity and completion of action items between now and then, to help focus on where we can be, and what our outcomes should be of the F to F.  After thinking it through somewhat, there is a good deal of work that can be productively pursued in the meantime.

AGENDA 03/22/2012:

USE EMSRunReportCDADecember2011.pdf provided by Dr. Greg Mears to….

USE this meeting to plan use of time tween now and F to F, and plan for next call:

1.       EDXL-TEP face to face logistics (Monday is memorial day)

2.       Schema - Mitre produce a first draft schema based upon message walk-through and documented comments

3.       Data Dictionary Action Items - Walk through excel Data Dictionary comments + those below.

a.       Assign action items for resolution, research and recommendation (particularly identification of authoritative sources of code lists etc.)

b.      Only add to issues list if not addressed during this process.

4.       Action Items - Create a consolidated list of open comments and action items including those listed below, and redlined in the excel data dictionary, for addition to the formal Issues List as appropriate

5.       Issues List – Add identified comments and action items including those listed below to the formal Issues List.

a.       Review open issues.  Resolve, or assign action items, research and make recommendations.

6.       Acquire NEMSIS 3.0 / HL7 /NEMSIS components for mapping to TEC design (COMPLETE – distributed by Tim and posted to the TEP OASIS site)

a.       Map to TEP.  Identify and map elements/structures of equal definition/usage, and plug into the TEP schema design.

b.      Tim / Elysa Determine timing and contacts to work with HL7 to confirm and/or identify component re-use within TEP as well as authoritative sources of code lists.

7.       Develop F to F agenda, approach and planned outcomes

8.       HL7 engagement discussions – Identify agenda and anticipated issues or conflicts and prepare a position.  Examples:  Our “common types”, Location SimpleFeatures, and CIQ vs. their handling of same, DE usage discussion and version, TEP “care” element mapping, OASIS / HL7 ballet process calendar integration, etc.

NOTES / Action Items from previous meeting:

-          Reach out to HL7 to get a copy of applicable standards that the TEP SC could review.  Make sure we get post NEMSIS consolidation standard (COMPLETE for NEMSIS info)

-          OASIS uses standard set of reusable elements, i.e. RIM SC, CIQ, etc.  Rather than spend time up front, work with HL7 to see how they handle same common elements.

-          Is respiratory rate paired with cardiac rhythm?  Is it possible to have multiple instances or values of cardiac rhythm?

-          Temperature, should we add a Fahrenheit element?

-          Stroke scale, do we need an element to specify whether Los Angeles or Cincinnati scale used.

-          Thrombolytic Screen, Medication Administered, Care Provider Primary Impression, do we need to provide a set of default values separate or in addition to a value list.

-          Client Current Disposition- does this apply when a patient is transferred within the EMS continuum of care.   If so, update definition to clarify.

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim Grapes

SE Solutions, Inc.