emergency-tep message

Subject: RE: [emergency-tep] Reminder 4PM EST TEP call today

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear from you.  We are of course familiar with Sahana, and in fact have worked together in the past in a couple of areas.  We know Glen well, and he and others from NLM, Google, ARC, FEMA and others have participated in the requirements and specification of EDXL-TEC for the Registry Exchange component.  The purpose is to utilize the good work implemented with PFIF, incorporate improvements identified by the group, and move toward a publicly governed standard to continue to meet and expand support for people-finding and family reunification.  A second exchange requirement with TEC facilitates the actual tracking of evacuees through standards-based information exchange.  The specification addressing both is planned for submission to OASIS before the month of July is gone.

EDXL-TEP (tracking of emergency patients) is well on its way to becoming a committee specification.  Part of our process with TEP however will be collaboration with HL7 to ensure re-use of elements and structures where they are an authoritative source (such as “blood pressure”).

FYI, we worked with Sahana using HAVE during the Haiti earthquake response (we were Evolution Technologies, Inc. then “Evotec”).  The Hospital Availability Exchange (HAVE) subcommittee is applying feedback from that experience as input to HAVE 2.0.

I have copied Elysa Jones, Chair of the Emergency Management Technical Committee as well.  Look forward to your participation, Mark.

Thanks,

Timothy Grapes

Sr. VP Systems & Management Consulting

SE Solutions

11951 Freedom Drive, Suite 1300, Reston, VA 20190

p: 703.304.4829  fax: 703.450-7543

Timothy.Grapes@sesolutions.com