emergency-tep message

Subject: Call with PHER co-chair

Friends,

Per our TEP-SC meeting yesterday I was assigned a task to phone John Roberts, TN DoH and PHER co-chair regarding the status of the TEP work and an upcoming May ballot possibility.  We looked at the calendar and what would need to be done.  John strongly recommended that we plan the May meeting to be a time for putting the finishing touches on the document and the ballot.  A suggested goal by the end of the France WG  meeting:  to have the spread sheet done and spend time on the agenda at that meeting (and during conference calls) to address comments.  The next cycle is a Sept ballot, but the meeting is actually in Oct and will be in Atlanta.  This would be a better time to be sure everything is in place.  The PSS is a continuation but will need to have changes.  I will work with John on these and report back to the group.

If we felt very strongly that we could make a May ballot with the very aggressive schedule of tasks, he would do what he could to support us.  However he thought there is a much better chance of success if we wait another cycle.

Regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS

Emergency Management Technical Committee

Emergency Interoperability Member Section