Subject: [emergency] Gartner FirstTake Coverage

As promised, here is the link to the Gartner FirstTake coverage we
received. I think Rich's coverage illustrates a very important point:
that clarification of what we are trying to accomplish with our efforts
is very important. At the same time, it points out that we must all work
together to make this a successful effort. The act of simply defining a
standard does not automatically make it important, useful, or
successful.

http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=385770

As a side note, we are in contact with Gartner and will be further
clarifying our position with them. At the same time, we can use their
feedback to further clarify our objectives in the Requirements document
we are beginning to author. This is a great opportunity for the group to
feel the pressure of what we have come together to address, and to be
very smart about how we craft our standards.

Allen

R. Allen Wyke
VP, Technology and Services
awyke@blue292.com