Subject: Re: [emergency] EM Notifications SC Charter (revised)

This looks great! I think the first paragraph especially is well
written. I did have some minor editorial comments, that do not amount to
much, but I have included inline...

> LIST OF DELIVERABLES

What are the dates for these deliverables?

>  Development of a core set of messages to support the National
> Incident Management System mandated in Homeland Security Presidential
> Directive #5

You should provide a link to HSPD-5
(http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/02/20030228-9.html)

> and based on established Incident Command System (ICS)
> formats.

Is there a link here that can be provided as well? Something that will
give those reading the charter something to reference in case they need
additional clarification?

> In the course of developing these deliverables, the Subcommittee will
> draw on the expertise of the GIS and Infrastructure Subcommittees.

Add "EM" in front of these subcommittees, as in EM GIS.

Eliot/Bill: have you guys finalized a name for the GIS SC? While I
mention "EM GIS" here, I am not sure it really captures what it is you
are doing.

Also, the "Infrastructure" SC name, which you will see when the minutes
of the f-2-f are sent, is now "EM Infrastructure Framework".

> In addition, the Subcommittee will make recommendations to the full
> Technical Committee

Add EM before "Technical Committee" here as well.

That's it. Looking forward to seeing this effort really get underway as
a new OASIS TC this week!

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke