Subject: Global Information Locator Service (GILS) Web site outages

Over the past several weeks, there have been periods of
inavailability of the GILS Web site www.gils.net and
related sites ( states.gils.net , asf.gils.net ). The
outages were due to a mandatory security evaluation
that led to a complete replacement of the hardware
and software platform with more current versions.

We expect the sites to now be continuously available
and we regret any inconvenience due to the outages.

Eliot Christian echristian@usgs.gov 703-648-7245 FAX 703-648-7112
US Geological Survey, 802 National Center, Reston VA 20192