Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - CAP_scenarios_5-19-03.doc uploaded

I have two comments on the use-cases, that also apply to the CAP,
which I had reviewed last week, but missed posting due to illness and
a schedule predicated on participating via telecon with day-long+
WSRP/WSIA f2f sessions at Sun campus in Grenoble, France
(midnight-8/9/10am PT). If I have missed a set of procedural rules in
which these items appear, please disregard--but DO let me know, ok?

1. The use cases for CAP don't specify transport protocol, nor the
specific formulations or API required by http v. https v. wap or
markup language/specification, e.g. voiceXML, etc,

2. The use cases for CAP don't specify an order of priority for
recipients of alerts (probably should be part of cap:msg_scope), nor
an acknowledgement requirement which would then stop a repeated
transmission to specific recipients, although there is an"Ack"
cap:msg_type.

A procedural primer would probably be a good idea.

Ciao,
Rex

Sorry about the delay.
At 3:30 AM +0000 5/20/03, acb@incident.com wrote:
>The document CAP_scenarios_5-19-03.doc has been submitted by Art
>Botterell (acb@incident.com) to the EM Messages and Notification SC
>document repository.
>
>Document Description:
>CAP Usage Scenarios
>
>Download Document:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-msg/download.php/2145/CAP_scenarios_5-19-03.doc
>
>View Document Details:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-msg/document.php?document_id=2145
>

>PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
>may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
>the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
>
>-OASIS Open Administration
>

>You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/members/leave_workgroup.php

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309