Subject: Re: [emergency] One-Stop GISArticle and some thoughts

Thanks Eliot,

I wasn't necessarily reading criticism of Geospatial One-Stop, just
noting the article and pondering on it in light of similar findings I
had made in Public Health. What we have is a kind of balkanization of
similar efforts that don't necessarily complement each other, nor do
they actually compete or intentionally detract from each other.

I agree that more such work is needed, especially in bringing
different efforts together, and it occurs to me that finding ways to
increase public awareness of these concerns, the improvements that
are coming online now and the ongoing work in this area is another
way to contribute to improving the overall situation. As with the
"Amber Alert" system, the attention that is focused on successful use
of these systems will multiply the effectiveness of those systems.
I'm not making any specific suggestions, just thinking out loud so to
speak.

Ciao,
Rex

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com