Subject: GIS SC Meeting Aug 12; election of new chair

We did not achieve quorum in the GIS SC meeting held by
conference call on August 12 (and, Carl Reed was unable to
join us due to an accident). I would like to proceed with
handling the election of a new subcommittee chair by e-mail
or through Kavi. I would appreciate it if someone could lay
out the process for that, as I have sporadic communication
capability while on leave this week.

Eliot