Subject: EM-XML Participation in Global Homeland Security Conference

---- Start SpamAssassin results
11.00 points, 7 required;
*  1.5 -- From: does not include a real name
*  0.3 -- BODY: HTML font face is not a commonly used face
*  1.2 -- BODY: Message is 20% to 30% HTML
*  1.0 -- BODY: HTML included in message
*  6.0 -- RAW: Message text disguised using base-64 encoding
*  0.5 -- Message only has text/html MIME parts
*  0.5 -- Message has priority setting, but no X-Mailer

---- End of SpamAssassin results

The original message did not contain plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

--- Begin Message ---
Yesterday we had a teleconference to discuss the potential participation of the EM-XML Consortium at the Global Homeland Security Conference - Weapons of Mass Destruction in Washington DC on September 25 - 26.  This would give the Consortium an opportunity to have a CAP demonstration of interoperability between various systems and devices.  Mark Zimmerman of the Disaster Management Program has agreed to pay the $10,000 for the pavillion space.  We also had enough people on the call to agree to participate that we have decided to go forward.

If you are interested in participating in the CAP demonstration, please plan to attend a teleconference on Tuesday, August 26th at 1:00pm PDT/4:00pm EDT to discuss technical issues (please forward this email to the appropriate technical person at your company).

Please email me if you intend to participate in the CAP testing and are not on the list below.  Also email me the name of your technical contact.

Dial in number: 1.800.453.7412
Access code: 604776

Those companies that have agreed to participate via this phone call include:
-  Blue292  (Allen Wyke)
-  DMI-S (Gary Ham, Neal Bourgeous, Dick Munnikhuysen)
-  E Team (Cathy Subatch)
-  Innovative Emergency Management (Jerry Weltman)
-  Art Botterell
-  Com CARE/Mobile Foundations/DICE (David Alwyard, Jeff Fox, Julie Ouralley)
-  Anteon may participate (Scott Firebaugh)

Other companies that had previously agreed to participate include:
-  Ship Analytics (Fred Simonet)
-  Unisys (Brian Pattinson)

The Tuesday teleconference will discuss testing scenario and what is required from each company from a technical standpoint.

On yesterday's call, Art provided some ideas of how we can best do the test that.  We agreed on the following:
-  Design a simple scenario that requires the distribution of an alert
-  Set up a LAN and a shared server (DMI-S volunteered to provide the shared server)
-  Have a minimum CAP protocol that will be transferred between systems

We will use a local server as base and find out if we have Internet access

The exhibit hours are Sept 25th 10am - 5pm and Sept 26th from 9am to 2pm.
We will be able to do set up and testing on the 24th.

Participants in yesterday's teleconference included:
- Matt Walton (E Team)
- Allen Wyke (Blue 292)
- Gary Ham (DMI-S)
- Dick Munnikhuysen (DMI-S)
- Neal Bourgeous (DMI-S)
- Art Botterell (CAP)
- Tom Merkel (CAPWin)
- Jeff Fox (Mobile Foundations)
- David Alyward (Com CARE)
- Annie Baker (E Team)
- Cathy Subatch (E Team)
- Jerry Weltman (IEM)
- Scott Firebaugh (Anteon)
- Julie O (DICE) - I apologize, but I did not catch your last name

Action Items:
We have a lot of work to do in a short time but its a great opportunity for us to showcase the work that has been done by the TC.  Let's all talk on Tuesday.
Cathy M. Subatch
E Team Inc.
818.932.0660 x248
310.770.6885 (mobile)