OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [emergency] Agenda: 8/26 Call

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 11:42, Art Botterell wrote: 
> Allen -
> I reposted the CAP spec with your requested edits the same day (the 
> 13th)... and at the time the upload seemed to have worked... but 
> maybe it fell afoul of the Kavi maintenance somehow.
> Anyway, I just posted it again: 
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-msg/download.php/3255/emergency-CAP-1.0.pdf>.

Ok, I can see it now. I think the confusion was around that fact I was
looking in the MSG SC, not the EM TC, but I agree that is the best
place. Will adjust link on site accordingly. 

> However... when the TC voted on this a couple of weeks ago, didn't we 
> agree not to trigger the public comment period until after we'd 
> agreed on our process for handling feedback?  Perhaps I misunderstood 
> that bit.

Correct, but as we discussed on the call with OASIS today, I still need
to update them on the vote, even if we are not going into the public
comment period. I was a little unsure, but the call clarified that for
sure. You should see a copy of the email I have sent them hit the wire
right after this one.

> - Art
> At 9:21 AM -0400 8/26/03, Allen Wyke wrote:
> >Ok gang, here are the outstanding action items that I have records of to
> >talk about today. As a side note, I will be on a plane up until just
> >before the meeting, so there is a chance, if the flight experiences any
> >delays, that I will be running a little late. If Rick or Cathy could
> >help facilitate the meeting if I am late, that would be great. Sorry for
> >the late notice - the trip was planned at the last minute.
> >
> >1. Report from each of the SCs
> >
> >2. Committee Spec: update on when the final PDF will come out. Needed to
> >make a minor wording adjustment from the original one that came out
> >(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00017.html).
> >Once that has been done, I can notify OASIS and the formal public review
> >can start.
> >
> >3. Arrange Tests Update (action item from
> >http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00023.html):
> >Update from those involved in the test (see document attached to
> >http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00006.html).
> >Also discuss how to best handle our on internal tests along with the
> >Global Homeland Security Conference
> >(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00026.html).
> >Two different? One in the same? Who is coordinating each/both? Also need
> >to notify OASIS if we are "presenting" their standard vs. "showing" a
> >working example of it.
> >
> >4. Figure Out Feedback Process (action item from
> >http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00023.html): a
> >meeting has been arranged for Thursday between the Chair's a couple of
> >people at OASIS. One of the items that will be discussed is, in their
> >minds and experience, the best way to handle public and internal
> >feedback. After that meeting we should be able to make a final decision.
> >
> >--
> >R. Allen Wyke
> >Chair, Emergency Management TC
> >emtc@nc.rr.com
> >http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency
> >
> >
> >You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting 
> >http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/members/leave_workgroup.php

R. Allen Wyke
Chair, Emergency Management TC

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]