Subject: Mobile Asset Tracking...

Hello all,

My name is J.D. Main.  I am the Engineering Manager for
CompassCom.  I have been a quiet member for a few weeks reading
the many emails sent back and forth concerning the CAP standard.
I'm sorry that I haven't had much to input on that one.

However, I have an interest in a Mobile Asset Tracking standard.  I
haven't seen much discussion on this issue other than the August 7th
Meeting Minutes.

I am asking for some advice on how to get the ball rolling with this
issue.  CompassCom has been using an XML standard for a few years
that includes positions, status, emergency incidents, 2-way text
messaging, and system level messages.  I would love the opportunity
to share this with the group and see what everyone thinks.
CompassCom fully intends to utilize the XML standards that come out
of these Technical Commitees in our future releases.

Are there any objections?  If not, what's the best way to start?

Best Regards,

J.D. Main

CompassCom, Inc.
6770 S. Dawson Circle, Unit 1A