OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [emergency] Meeting Minutes: 2003.10.07


I have begun collecting feedback from the CAP validation tests and the
HS Conference demo, by reviewing the archived emails.  If you have
specific CAP-related comments you want captured and documented, please
send to me before the end of the day if at all possible.  I would like
to wrap this task up and submit the list to the TC before the end of the
week.  You can email me with your comments at wramadan@blue292.com.


-----Original Message-----
From: emtc@nc.rr.com [mailto:emtc@nc.rr.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:12 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] Meeting Minutes: 2003.10.07

Attendance: Tracked in Kavi

NOTE: Cathy is on sabbatical.

Gary: confirmed the intent was maintained through their system. DMIS is
not currently generating CAP message and displaying is done in the
DHelp.gov site. He confirmed everything came across fine. Was done by a
different group of contractors too. I will mark this Action Item

Rob: everything looked fine from Art and Jerry's CAP test messages. I
will mark this Action Item complete.

Walid: in regards to CAP, will take the feedback from both the tests and
demo, and put together for the TC to evaluate. Kwasi and Eleanor as some
comments they will send around by the end of the day tomorrow.

Rick: update on the transport. Current heavy into SOAP, but only because
that is what people have provided. Think it is too narrow and should
consider others. Rex mentions that getting NDS involved is probably the
right approach. Rick agrees. Group should also look over inteview
and book
emails Art sent. Will stimulate your minds. Rex also mentions VoiceXML
research he is doing, as well as XMLP and touching base with them in
this respect.

Discussion about Liasions
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php): Tom M.
mentions that having one will certainly improve our ability to
communicate with them. Rex and Carl are seeing the need for this as
well. Some talk about DHS trying to coordinate with groups, and ANSI is
doing something in that space. Probably do not need a subcommittee, but
the need is clearly starting to present itself. Rex will take initial
lead here (see Action Item), and Carl said he still plans to talk to
Karl B. at OASIS.

Rick: in regards to IF whitepaper (aka Requirements doc), they have
received comments. Rex comments that we have some new people that may
need to review. Group agrees that comments must be in by EOW.

Walid: variations and version issues around ICS forms. He comments that
when you focus on just ICS 201, there is not really a variation. Rob
comments that when you look at the other forms is where you see the
variations. Rex says is going to hash it out more at a later time. David
acknowledges that some forms do have an issues. Group decides that we
will address this when/if it becomes an issue.

ICS Work In General: who will faciliating on the MSG SC? Need to have
offline conversation to determine this. I will take this as an Action
Item to followup with David H.

Gary: About element relationships, this is not a problem at this point -
will bring up when and if there is a need for the greater TC to provide

Carl: discussed the feedback of symbology in group. Also looking into
discussing a controled namespace as well as schemas, interfaces to
access registries of symbols, etc. - all next steps. Comments due by end
of week. No GIS SC call next week.

Action Items:

Walid: Coordinate CAP Feedback. Collect, in a spreadsheet, a list of
comments from both the internal test
) and demo
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00007.html) be
completed in week, with update by EOW. Will allow us to put the
finishing touches on CAP and submit to OASIS as an offical Committee

Rex: Evaluate Liasion Needs. Help facilitate a conversation on how to do
this, where it is needed, and next steps. Looking into some contacts at
MIT/W3C, SBIR/NSF, and some others. Coordinate with Carl in regards to

Allen: Identify ICS SC Lead. Work with David H. and MSG SC to determine
who will be faciliating things on the SC side.

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]