Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] PPW letter re CAP

Hello all - I had an excellent discussion with Ken Allen at PPW about
this letter and the issue at hand. He told me more about their
organization, while I talked through how OASIS, a TC, and an SC works.

I will be drafting an official reply to PPW covering what we talked
about, which will be circulated to this group before it is sent. But I
can say that during the call we went over the email sent to the group
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200310/msg00059.html),
and he understood and respected the position and state of where we are
with CAP, and what the core issues were.

He had some unqualified thoughts on the urgency of the issue to address
inline binaries, so we did talk about having some of their technical
members as guests on one of our calls (or vice versa) to help us better
understand their needs. We also talked about how to get more
participation from their members, so that their industry could be more
appropriately reflected in terms of the number of minds working on this
issue. He realized that at the end of the day, this is what will
ultimately determine just how effective our work will be in their area.

It was a good call, and I will circulate the letter as soon as I can -
Allen