Subject: Liaison Report

Hi All,

Disclaimer: I have not asked for permission to list people, assuming
that if they are active members of the TC they have a clear stake in
helping the process along, and all of our contacts have indicated a
preference for informal arrangements.

Our liaison needs appear to be in a couple of basic and a few specifc areas:

Basic:

Governmental: E-Gov TC: Eliot Christian is our best resource. There
are others connected to governmental agencies and/or concerns.

Standards: Rex has established a contact in the W3C VoiceXML Working
Group, is liaison with HumanMarkup TC and WSRP TC, also have
established contact with HR-XML Consotium, XNSORG (EXtensible Names
Service Organization).

Specific:

OGC: Carl Reed is Executive Director and is also chair of our EM-GIS TC.

EM Tools/Products Vendors Community: Allen Wyke, Rick Carlton, Tom
Merkle, most representatives of OASIS member companies.

DMIS: Gary Ham

If there are others, such as John Silva was when he presented on !S)
11179, please let me know. I will endeavor to keep an ongoing list.

We do not yet have a specific contact with the ebXML efforts, but I
am working on it. Since there is a similar need in WSRP, I am
exploring the idea of getting an ad hoc group together to discuss the
needs for coordination of registries, UDDI, and other standards that
reflect large and diverse constituencies.

Ciao,

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com
Tel: 510-849-2309