Subject: Fwd: EM Notification to Public During an Emergency

Hi Everyone,

I would be happy to compiled a list of agencies that correspond to
this request. This seems like a clear example that developing a
public registry is a good idea.

Let's get a preliminary list together, Art, and use it as a starting
point for discussing this issue more.

Ciao,
Rex

P.S. As a heads up, I am about to send out a long message about
liaisons and collaborations.

>Subject: EM Notification to Public During an Emergency
>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:32:56 -0500
>From: "Woo, Steven" <SWoo@nas.edu>
>To: <rexb@starbourne.com>, <acb@incident.com>
>
>Dear Rex Brooks:
>
>I am with the Computer Science and Telecommunications Board of the National
>Academies. CSTB is the program unit of the National Research Council that
>provides authoritative, independent advice to the government on national
>science and policy issues related to communications and computing systems
>such as wireless and broadband, databases and datamining, cybersecurity, and
>privacy.
>
>I am writing to inquire about providing information to the public during a
>crisis or emergency.  As the chair of the EM Notification Methods and
>Messages Subcommittee, do you know if state/local Offices of Emergency
>Management or media use technology that delivers information to a specific
>location, e.g., notify the residents in a four-block area east of City Hall
>about a gas leak, inform the drivers on a five-mile stretch of I-95 north of
>town of an alternative evacuation route, etc.?  Do you know if any such
>technology exists or is under development?
>
>Regards,
>Steven Woo
>Program Officer
>
>202.334.3095
>swoo@nas.edu
>http://www.cstb.org
>
>Computer Science and Telecommunications Board
>The National Academies
>500 Fifth Street, N.W.
>Washington, DC  20001

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com