Subject: Fwd: March 15-17 Conference on "How does Open Source provide anInnovative Solution for E-Government?

Hi Folks,

Please excuse the cross posting, and also please excuse possible
duplications, but I know some of you probably won't hear about this,
and it might be of interest, especially to smaller vendor companies
with associates in D.C. who might benefit from knowing about this
series of conference events.

Cioao,
Rex

>Date:         Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:37:08 -0500
>Sender: CIO Council AIC Web-Services Working Group
>               <CIOC-WEB-SERVICES@listserv.gsa.gov>
>From: Susan Turnbull <susan.turnbull@GSA.GOV>
>Subject: March 15-17 Conference on "How does Open Source provide an
>Innovative Solution for E-Government?
>To: CIOC-WEB-SERVICES@listserv.gsa.gov
>
>The Center of Open Source & Government and the U.S. General Services
>Administration (GSA) are co-sponsoring a conference in Washington, DC,
>March 15-17, 2004 called "How does Open Source provide an Innovative
>Solution for E-Government?" See http://www.egovos.org for more information
>and to register.
>

>Key Highlights:
>

>* Marc Andreessen, Chairman and Co-founder of Opsware Inc, Co-founder of
>Netscape, Key player in the Internet Revolution
>

>* Mary Mitchell, Program Executive for eGovernment Policy, GSA
>

>* Bob Haycock, FEA Chief Architect, OMB
>

>* Dawn Meyerriecks, CTO, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
>

>* Barbara Held, German Federal Ministry of the Interior
>

>* John Borras, Assistant Director, Office of the e-Envoy, UK Cabinet Office
>

>* Neil Levette, Enterprise Architect, Treasury Board of Canada
>

>* Claudia Boldman, Director of Policy and Architecture, Information
>

>Technology Division, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
>

>* Presentations also from IBM, Microsoft, HP, Oracle, CSC, SAIC, Northrop,
>Lockheed.
>

>Highlighted topics of innovative developments involving Open Source
>software include:
>

>* Federal Enterprise Architecture
>

>* Identity Management
>

>* Government and Commercial Experiences
>

>* DoD Experiences
>

>* State and Local Government Experiences
>

>* Legal Issues
>

>* Interoperability and Open Standards Issues
>

>* Security Issues and
>

>* Cost Sharing and Savings Potential.
>

>Major sponsors include: IBM, Oracle, HP, Novell, Red Hat, DCTech, The Open
>Group, CCIA, SIIA, Government Computer News, OSDN,
>

>For more information and to register see the conference website at
>www.egovos.org .
>

>Contact: Tony Stanco at 202-994-5513 or tony@egovos.org

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com