Subject: Meeting Minutes: 2004.03.23

Elysa Jones joined the call today and asked to sit in on behalf of PPW
in Art's absence. As described in the section "Who Is The Member?" in
the TC Guidelines
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#memberrules), this
is not permitted. With agreement of the group and some leeway with the
rules defined in the "Meeting Participation" section of the TC
Guidelines
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#meetings), the
group agreed to allow Elysa observe the meeting. As a side note, we
would certainly welcome a formal membership as well!

1. Face-to-Face: due to the fact that we will only have 7 people
attending and not enough members to form a quorum, we will just meet
informally in New Orleans. Allen will (have already actually) notify
OASIS, so they can allow another TC to use the space we had reserved.
As it stands, let's just plan on meeting for breakfast at 8am at the
hotel. We can decide where to go from there.

2. Charter: Allen brought up that it is probably time, now that all the
deliverable dates have passed and we have a year under our belt, to
evolve the Charter to more accurately reflect where we are today and
where we are going. Rex brought up that we should be sure to get some
of the thoughts floated at the last meeting in the Charter.
Specifically, how our work plays with NIMS - they identify some gaps
that we may want to consider as next steps. Allen points out that this
might be better served in the Requirements Document, as the Charter
should try to stay agnostic of specific implementations/areas of
applicability, as NIMS is only one of the things for us. Allen will
work on a draft, which will serve as a starting point for this
discussion.

3. Requirements Document: Allen has received no additional comments or
suggestions, but has finished most of his own editing. Will send this
out before the next meeting to act as a starting point for the
discussion. As a side note, this may be a good thing to work on in New
Orleans.

4. SC Updates:

[MSG - Rex]
See their minutes posted here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency-msg/200403/msg00001.html

Some discussion on when to take up dealing with the comments, which
should be addressed after the voting is finished. Points out that we
are not obligated to respond to public comments, but we are to voting
members. Regarding ICS 201, we still have not figured out if we can
take "ownership" of developing a schema for it.. Tom mentions that IEEE
was looking into it, but it might not be a bad idea to check with the
Office of Disaster Preparedness. Tom M. going to look into this.

[GIS - Carl]
Regarding WGS 84, the decision is to leave as is for 1.0 - has sent
email to list. You can read the various posts here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00030.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00046.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00057.html

[IF SC]
Tom had some conversations with Critical Infrastructure Protection
(John Cummings/John Hoyt)  - about us helping them. Comments that we
need to solidify their expectations though. Tom will talk to them about
this. They have the Statement of Work the IF SC developed. Rick
discussed how their work really validates/supports/helps the importance
of the IF SC. Some issues with DHS determining their own identity, etc.
As such, Tom and Rick will Co-Chair the IF SC and get it moving again!
No objections from anyone to them chairing, so its official. Rick is
going to go back and make sure all operational documents (committee
docs) are in the documents. Rex joins the group as well.

As a side note, brought on from the lack of comments some of the IF SC
work has seen, Allen reminds everyone to being sure to use the list to
debate. While offline conversations happen, we need to capture as much
as we can for ALL EM TC on the list itself. Carl points out that they
are legally defendable. Rex also agrees.

5. CAP: Rex will be in charge of the public face of CAP, so any
"marketing" needs should be routed through him. Note that this does not
mean he does all the work - just that he is the go-to person. He will
circulate out-bound communication to group for approval before sending
anything out.

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke