Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - ICS-201-draft0.2.xsd uploaded

You know, I have been thinking more and more about this - about how we
are approaching it. Being that our TC, nor anyone here, gave birth to
ICS nor the 201 form, I am a little concerned that we might be
overstepping our bounds to consider creating an XML schema
representation of it.

Perhaps a more politically correct approach would be to defined an
XForms (http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/) model of the form and maybe
even suggest that implementations should use the XForms UI vocabulary
to "draw" the actual form in a browser, in an app, on a phone, etc.?
Something just doesn't feel right about us defining an actual XML
schema, BUT using XML for us to describe a form....well, that may
result in not only better work on our part, because of the power of
XForms, but also in something that gives credit where credit is due
(and doesn't claim credit for something that isn't ours).

Anyone else have an opinion on this one way or the other? Its possible
we can't do what we need in XForms, but it couldn't hurt to check.

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chief Technology Officer

--