Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - ICS-201-draft0.2.xsd uploaded

We can do that in XForms, but before we do anything, we need to find
out if DHS thinks we should, and in fact, having worked on it, and
having looked through the NIMS-90 document, I'm not at all sure we
should take on this work unless asked. But as for the XSD v. XForms
issue, I would recommend compatible versions of both within the same
spec for a couple of reasons, mainly that it is almost guaranteed
that there will be a need to dynamically update the information using
a telephonic and/or wireless connection so conversion/translation
into VXML and/or WML seems inevitable and ought to be included in the
overall plan from the outset. That overall plan is for DHS to set
forth, so I think we need to get in touch with Steve Cooper or
someone at DHS on this. We have both a history with them, and a need
for an ongoing connection/liaison with them. The question is what is
the most appropriate approach to make contact and who should do this.
That's both a personal contact and/or organizational jurisdiction
question. I don't have an answer for that, but I suggest asking Jamie
Tuesday, and also seeing if either Tom Merkle or Gary Ham can suggest
a good approach.

Ciao,
Rex

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com