Subject: Re: [emergency] Media Questions Regarding CAP

Allen -

Obviously I appreciate your concern here.   The OASIS media
guidelines refer to representation of "TC work," which I understand
to mean the TC process.

Of course, the concept of CAP pre-existed the TC itself and I'm sure
you don't mean to try to muzzle expressions of support from the
various third parties that embraced and developed the CAP concept
even prior to beginning of the TC work... or those that might avail
themselves of the standard in the future... any more than IBM or Sun
are forbidden to talk about their support for ebXML or any other
OASIS standard.  To the extent OASIS desires coordination on such
third-party issues, Carol Guyer does a  very capable job.

And naturally we're assuming that your public comments will be
positive in tone and reflect solely the will of the TC and the OASIS
membership as expressed through the process.

- Art