Subject: Re: [emergency] Talking Point re CAP and CEA "Public Alert"

> Get your point, but I think that may be putting the shoe on the wrong
> foot.  We're the new guys on the block, and we're taken pains to be
> compatible with the old established systems.  We can hope to see a

Indeed, which is precisely why a huge chunk of our system is aggregation
services and re-formatters, paired with evangelizing CAP as a 'service
replacement' or 'service enhancement' depending on who one is talking to. I
don't believe that replacing services in the EM community can be done by
stepping on people's toes. EAS, NWS and other services have a deep-set
following -- the only solution is to enhance and evangelize, and let things
take their course until the other side makes a decision.

CAP has a lot of possibilities, and anything can be reformatted to work with
it to a lesser or greater extent. But IMHO we shouldn't be over-confident
that stuff works with it when it really only works in a limited fashion. If
we do that and people latch on to it, it begins to look like marketing hype.
And even a little of that can destroy credibility.

Cheers
Kon

Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message.