Subject: Re: [emergency] Talking Point re CAP and CEA "Public Alert"

+1 from me on this as well.

Compatible, in the world of software/hardware development, and
therefore the standardization of XML schemas/structures has a very
specific meaning. And while it may be tempting to use words incorrectly
(ie: definition that is different for a different industry), we must
avoid doing this. We are not building standards for first responders,
etc. - we are building standards for people who build products for
first responders, etc., therefore the terminology used must appropriate
for these people.

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC