Subject: Dialin Number

As many of you know, we had some issues with our dialin number on the
last TC call and it appears the SCs have also experienced the outage. I
just checked the passcode for today's call, and it appears to still be
down. For the last year, E Team has graciously supplied the con call
lines for our work, however we do need to look into some alternatives
going forward. I have pinged them to see if we can get the line setup
for today, so go ahead and try to call it at 12.

In terms of alternatives, there are three options that I can think of:

1. Another EM TC Member sponsor the calls: if anyone is able to do
this, please let me know and I will help coordinate with the SC Chairs
as well.

2. A Free Conference Call Service: use a service like
FreeConference.com. They provide free conference calls for up to 25
people for 3 hours. You can not be assured the same number each call,
but at least it is free. If anyone has used this server, or knows of
another, please let us know.

3. Funding: one of the things I am looking into is if the EIC can fund
our con call lines. I have sent an email to Matt Walton, Chair of the
EIC, but I have not heard back yet. I would expect this will take a few
weeks or months to work out as they are still a very new group, so we
should find alternatives in the meantime.

Thoughts?

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC