Subject: Re: [emergency] OJP requirement to use the jxdm

On Jul 27, 2004, at 11:09 AM, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> So:
>
> Grant money requires JXDM compliance and CAP is not JXDM
> so compliance with JXDM is not required when implementing CAP?

Keep in mind that not all implementors implement CAP to try and get
grant money - that is not the goal or objective of all implementations,
nor the driver. In fact, I can definitively say that at least part of
the motivation of why the TC was actually started and Chartered, since
I wrote it, was due to the pressure to try and reduce the development
time to interoperate with other systems and the costs associated with
that - to positively impact the bottom-line of a software vendor in
this space, while at the same time improving the solutions available
that could help save lives and assets. Not to try and land grant money.

I realize that this was/is not the incentive for everyone and it may
even currently be a minority in the membership today, but that view is
in fact represented in the very document that started our existence and
at least some % of the group today.