Subject: [emergency] Re: [emergency-comment] Fwd: CAP Implimentation inCompassLDE

Thanks, Allen,

It looks like the time has come to address this overall issue. I
uploaded a general presentation on WSS, borrowed from the WSRP TC
which is one of several areas of concern that all intersect in this
specific issue of establishing trust networks. In this case the area
is web services. In line with the various transport-specific
requirements, we might want to consider gathering requirements for an
EM-specific registry, especially in the context of developing the
message-wrapper for setting context(s). A great deal of work has
already been done in ebXML and UDDI, so we are far from starting from
a zero point.

I was going to upload the presentations and discussions we have been
having this week for related issues in security in the WSRP meetings,
but they have gotten too specific to be valuable in a more general
context, let alone in narrowing back down to a CAP-specific
discussion, and we still have one more today. However, it has been
instructive.

An EM Registry need not be web-only, but could have sections per
transport mechanism with recommendations for how to organize it to
list a registrant's organizational capabilities, memberships,
protocols/standards supported, etc. While that approach might entail
multiple or repeated entries where an organization spans transports,
it could be organized in such a way as to make establishing trust
relationships reliable without having too great an overhead cost.

Regardless, such a registry would need to have the support and
cooperation of the governmental jurisdictional authorities from the
local to the international levels, but the movement toward
cooperation in these areas appears to be favorable, for now at least.

Ciao,
Rex