Subject: Interop Demo Initial Planning/Scenario Meeting

Hi Folks,

We had some strategic gaps in our attendance at this morning's TC
meeting with regard to conducting some preliminary planning for the
OASIS-sponsored CAP Interoperability Demo at XML 2004. The planning
session we have scheduled for those who can attend the October 19
Collaboration Expedition Workshop, will be more suitable to
finalizing arrangements and schedules for setup and the logistics
related to that, rather than planning in the sense of deciding on a
scenario that makes use of existing material. So I took on the action
item of writing to the list about this.

Can we have a relatively short planning session for those who plan to
participate? and when would be a good time in remainder of this week
and next? Even though I am not planning on participating, I want to
help facilitate this effort, but those who do plan to participate
should reply to this message and help set this up.

As I understand it, there are resources which can be reused and this
seems like a good idea. I suspect the meeting can be kept to half an
hour, focusing on establishing the scenario, and designating a
coordinator to arrange for setup with OASIS. For that purpose I am
copying Karl Best and Jane Harnad at OASIS.

We have the conferenc calling number we can use, and this certainly
qualifies as a justified use of that resource. Please reply to this
message so that others can track who has responded and what the
current state of arrangements is.

Thanks,
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com