Subject: XML 2004 - Demo and Face to Face

Greetings EM-TC members,

This is a reminder to all of you about the XML-2004 conference coming up the week of Nov 15-19.  For more information, visit www.xmlconference.org.

There will be six OASIS InterOp Demos at the conference.  The CAP demonstration will be in the Johnson room on Wed morning, Nov 17.  Participants are DMIS, IEM, E-Team, Anteon, CapWIN, and WSI.  We will run the presentation/demonstration every 30 minutes beginning at 8:00am and go until 12:00.  If you are at the conference, please drop by.  Also, encourage any one you know interested in the standards work we are working on to visit the demonstration.  A free "Expo Only" pass will allow access to all the Interop Demos and the Keynote addresses (Nov 16-18) as well as the exhibit hall.  After Nov 7, there will be a $30 charge for the Expo Only pass.  You can register at the above site, select registration and follow the instructions.

There are other OASIS Interop Demos going on during the week:  There is a demonstration designed to showcase the use of OASIS ebXML Registry in tandem with OASIS ebMS, CPA, BPSS and CAM specifications to manage a large community of participants in an e-Service and e-Business
system.  There is a demonstration of the Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP).  The PM--WS-CAF TC will be demonstrating their virtual web sites and shared context.  The web services reliability will be demonstrating their protocol as will the TC working on test infrastructure support of e-business solutions.  There will be an insert in the attendee packages that will inform folks of the interop demonstrations, locations, times, etc.

Rex Brooks will be presenting at 4:00 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 18, in the Wilson C room:  Connecting the Dots: CAP and WSRP.  This presentation will demonstrate how combinations of applications using CAP, WSRP and ebXML/UDDI registries work together & multiply the effectiveness of end-to-end services required in emergency incidents.

In the afternoon of Nov 17, the EM-TC will have a face to face meeting from 2:00-4:00.  I do not yet know the room name but will pass it along as soon as I have it.  We will NOT have our normal bi-weekly conference call on Nov 16 due to the face to face meeting at the conference.

All for now,
Elysa Jones, Chair EM-TC