Subject: EM-TC Upcoming Activities

Hey folks,

We are less than a week away from our CAP Interoperability Demonstrations
at the XML-2004 Conference (Nov 17, 8:00-12:00) and our face to face
meeting that afternoon from 2:00-4:00.  If you are demonstrating, be sure
to have tested your application on the live DMIS server, your slides to
Rex, and your payment made to OASIS.  If you have any questions about these
issues, please drop me a line.

The agenda for the face to face meeting is as follows:
1.  Roll Call
2.  Minutes from the last meeting
3.  Discuss/finalize new charter
4.  Discuss EDXL as possible TC effort
5.  Adjourn

The draft Charter and EDXL documentation can be found on the OASIS TC Web
site, Documents,  Requirements folder.  We have had some discussion on the
Charter already.  Those of you who had specific wording suggestions, please
have those ready for discussing and incorporating into the document.

The EDXL documentation was handed off to me 11/10/04 by the Chairman of the
Emergency Interoperability Consortium (EIC).  There is no reason to wait
until next Wed to voice your opinion about EDXL.  It would be fine to get
some discussion going on the list prior to the meeting to get a sense of
where you stand.  Review the documents to determine if the effort falls
within our charter and as a set of requirements to be considered by the TC
as a possible near term work effort.

Please take the time to review the Charter and EDXL documents so that we
can be efficient with our meeting time next week.  I look forward to seeing
you all in DC.

Kind regards,
Elysa Jones,
Chair EM-TC