If you want messages sent in CAP V1.0 format, there is a check box at the bottom of the page. Note: If you select the “Email message” option, you will receive HTML mail messages – not CAP or our Earthquake XML messages. Email messages are formatted for human readers. But, even if you select “Email” as a delivery option, we’ll still be generating Atom files and feeding your subscription via XMPP, etc. CAP messages can currently be received via “CAP over Atom”, via our XMPP messaging service, or via REST (HTTP POST) delivery.

Note: The site is designed for normal public users. Thus, we’re having people use Flinn-Engdahl regions on the map to select which messages to receive. Latitude/Longitude, bounding boxes, polygons, etc. are just too difficult for most people to be able to specify – even though these more technical and precise subscription methods would probably be more appropriate for emergency personnel, etc.

Your comments on the interface would be appreciated.

Also, we’re considering whether we should provide CAP format messages for the FAA Airport delay and status messages that we currently support on our site. (http://www.pubsub.com/airports.php) If you have any thoughts on how this could best be done via CAP, please let me know. And, if you know of any other data streams that are publicly available and that you think should be served in a similar fashion please let me know.

            bob wyman