Subject: RE: [emergency] CAP over Atom (Please review)

Elysa Jones forwarded this comment from David E. Ellis:

> The method described below has one major architectural issue.  This method assumes there

> will be information in optional tags which in the case of many Sensors including CBRNE sensors

> may not be present.  The very nature of headlines and descriptions implies a human assessment

> of the event.

            There is no such “assumption of human assessment” in the CAP messages we publish at PubSub. These messages are completely machine generated without human intervention. I see no “architectural issue.”

> Does the atom format have mandatory elements?

            Yes it does. Things like atom:id, atom:title, etc. are required. It is undoubtedly the case that some sensor based systems won’t be able to generate interesting “titles” etc. However, all of the mandatory elements are things that can be constructed via deterministic procedures.

                        bob wyman