Subject: RE: [emergency] Comments - IEEE 1512

While one can blithely say, "The great thing about
standards is that there are so many to choose from",
when attempting to put plans in place for next gen products,
that is a real disaster for the product planning groups of
the public safety vendors.

So we can't rely on OASIS, IEEE, or ISO.  In the end,
we rely on the contracting process as instantiated in the
RFPs from our customers and the customer steering groups
of the existing customer base.  It is crucial for DHS
to understand that.

Some games are of the form RPS: there is no optimum
strategy, therefore, no Nash equilibrium.  One wonders
if the uncertainty serves the nation or the
globe given that in an RPS form, the best strategy
is to enforce randomness.

len