Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - EDIT of emergency-CAPv-1.1

At 12:43 PM -0800 3/7/05, Kon Wilms wrote:
>It makes quite a big difference in terms of keeping things modular vs.
>static, as I laid it out.

I'm sorry, but this really sounds to me like an implementation issue
trying to push its way up to the standards level.  After all, the
point of having a standard is to impose a degree of static-ness in
the service of interoperability.

And these enumerations very specifically AREN'T modular.  They're a
normative part of the specification and no more mutable than any
other part.  A document that has a non-standard value in one of the
enumerated fields isn't a valid CAP document.  So I'm not seeing why
we wouldn't leave the enumeration in the schema where a validator can
enforce it if the implementer chooses.

- Art