Subject: RE: [emergency] EDXL & Pass Problems

Elysa,
I recommend we notify OASIS that this situation exists, as they will
need to review the process of posting teleconference and pass code
information, or at least issue an advisory.

I have not heard from our teleconference host at this time.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org
Phone:        (301) 614-3720
Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966
Fax:          (301) 614-0581
e-mail:        tmerkle@capwin.org

CapWIN
6305 Ivy Lane Suite 300
Capital Office Park
Greenbelt, MD 20770

-----Original Message-----
From: Kon Wilms [mailto:kon@datacast.biz]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:50 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] EDXL & Pass Problems

I think we should consider the pass on the conference call permanently
compromised.

The problem is that when someone posts it to the mailing list google
indexes it. Hence anyone with a browser can do the following:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=877+passcode&btnG=Search

If you search for our passcode on google we are the first hit. I haven't
listed the URL or code here because obviously this post is going to
itself be indexed.

Also, strictly speaking, these guys are not hackers. :-0

Cheers
Kon