[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: Sensors and Standards Infrastructure session at Sensor Expo
Note that the Sensors Expo audience is comprised primarily of developers, so your presentations should be slanted toward the implementation perspective.
- 3:00 – 3:15 Introduction – Kang Lee (IEEE 1451)
- 3:15 – 3:30 From Sensor to User: A Standards-based Sensor Web Interoperability Framework, Mark Reichardt (OGC)
- 3:30 – 3:45 Community Applications – Benga Erinle (3eti)
- 4:45 - 4:00 Community Applications – Jeffrey Riker (Distributed Systems)
- 4:00 – 4:15 SensorNET – Johnny Tolliver (ORNL)
- 4:15 – 4:30 Alerts and Notification – Elysa Jones (Warning Systems/OASIS)
- 4:30 – 5:00 Panel discussion: moderated by Kang
For my discussion, I (Mark) plan to provide a high level overview of the standards framework that is coming into place from the sensor to the user to facilitate interoperability of sensor assets. Focus will be on IEEE 1451, OGC, OASIS and other applicable standards. This overview is intended to set the stage for follow on panelist discussion of standards in community implementations, ongoing programs, and more detailed discussion of standards in context.
Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein