Subject: Re: [emergency] Proposal to extend the EDXL TargetArea to allow more flexible targeting/filtering/content routing

On May 31, 2005, at 5/31/05 7:12 PM, Kon Wilms wrote:
> ...how would anyone looking at the EDXL XML file
> know what is going on i.e. which keywords are the content routing path
> and which are not? It also creates clutter in the document.

In the context of the Distribution Element I'm not sure there
actually IS any other use for <keyword> than for routing assertions.
<keyword> is defined as "Any value from a discrete managed list, used
to inform message routing decisions..."  And routing decisions are
all the DE is about.

Bear in mind that not all routing assertions are explicit statements
of content routing paths or destinations... there are also content-
based and category-based (pub/sub) routing schemes to which the DE
can provide an abstract of relevant information in a single standard
format.

- Art