Subject: NEMA Annual Conference

Friends,

The registration materials have just come out for the NEMA (National
Emergency Management Association) Annual Meeting.  This is the association
meeting for all state EM directors and FEMA folks.  Booth space is limited
and expensive as are travel arrangements due to the location - Anchorage
Alaska (rooms are only $161 while they last, though).  The annual meeting
each year is located in the home state of the outgoing NEMA president.  The
mid-year is always located in DC for access to political resources during
that time of year.  I have participated in this conference for 7 years and
have seen many changes.  For example, the Private Sector Committee has
become more engaged and respected by the Directors.

At the mid-year this past Feb, I was invited to present the status of the
EIC, CAP and EDXL to the Preparedness Committee during the
conference.  This was a very welcomed opportunity.  At this annual meeting,
I am expecting to be able to do a larger focus on CAP as well as EDXL
although the details have not yet been worked out.  The current NEMA
president, Dave Liebersbach was a founding member of the Partnership for
Public Warning (PPW).  The PPW as many of you know was the breeding ground
for much of the work that started CAP.  The PPW funded Art Botterells
involvement in OASIS throughout it's existence.  Art and I were both active
in PPW from its inception with a focus on improving public warning.

NEMA this year would be an excellent time to do an interop demo that will
get quite a bit of exposure.  Please let me know if you are interested in
doing a demonstration at this conference and we can talk about the right
way to structure it for best effect.  The details for the conference can be
found at:  www.nemaweb.org?1331.

Regards,
Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC