Subject: Meeting Notes for 5-24-05

Title: Meeting Notes for 5-24-05
Hi Folks,

Sorry for the long delay, but I got hijacked by the need to fashion a pilot project presentation for the Data Reference Model Public Forum, for which I am including the url reference in case anyone cares to attend:

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataReferenceModelPublicForum_2005_06_13

For a larger picture of the interagency context into which the DRM fits, and to subscribe to the DRM Public Forum:

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataReferenceModel

This is the event for which Mike Daconta's preparation required our briefing on the DRM to be postponed, so we can expect to hear an even more focused and clear exposition when he can get to us, but for those who can get out to Mitre in McLean, it would be worth your while or if you can teleconference and webconference in, you can make arrangements by visiting the first url above--Mitre is a secure site, so you need to RSVP to have your name added to the entry list.

Note: I haven't posted the notes for 5-10-05 but I did take notes and I will post them -- probably tomorrow morning.

EM Messages and Notification SC Meeting Notes - 5-24-05

Roll:
Kon Wilms
Gary Ham
Michelle Raymond
Tom Merkle
Carl Reed
Dave Ellis
Rex Brooks

We had a quorum.
There were no previous minutes to accept (to be remedied).

We spent most of the meeting discussing and debating the definition for the EDXL Distribution Element (EDXL DE).

What we settled on was: "A common EDXL Distribution Element should contain content intended for a common set of recipients."

As short as it is, it took a lot of time and discussion, so what was left over, we devoted to starting the discussion of targetArea issues for which Carl agreed to post information relating to Open Geospatial Consortium practices and a recent conference dealing with this topic among others.

Note: Carl sent said info later that day: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/email/archives/200505/msg00063.html

We adjourned at 12:45 P.M. Eastern Time.