Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: OMA Specification that may be highly relevant to EDXL work. Check it out.

It is amazing how many ways and terms we can find to abstract
roles and subscriptions so we can have yet another locus of
control based standard.

Standards and speeches:  the full time consultant economy.

Personally rooting for the DHS ontology efforts to tie it all together.

len

From: Carl Reed OGC [mailto:creed@opengeospatial.org]
I dug around the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) site - actually looking for standards info OASIS can use as part of their EDXL work. Reviewed a document titled OMA-TS-Presence_SIMPLE-V1_0-20050427-C. The intro paragraph states:

The document defines an application level specification for the OMA SIP/SIMPLE-based Presence Service. It defines the presence information semantics for presence information conveyed using the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) the Rich Presence Information Data Format (RPID) and geographical information conveyed in a GEOPRIV location object (see [PIDFLO]) specified by the IETF in conjunction with the overall Presence Data Model defined in [PRESDATAMODEL].