Subject: RE: [emergency] EDXL/CAP Survey

It will be helpful if these are broken out in accordance with
the divisions in the public safety justice systems, for example,
police records to court records to corrections records.  By
slicing along the organizational lines, the relationships of the
modules and subsets to the operational aspects of the justice
agencies are clearer, and therefore, easily related to the breakout
in an RFP.

For example, (and very high level), a court system may want to exchange
IEPs related to:

o Case status updates
o Name information (including related names such as family, contacts,
aliases, etc.)
  and mugshots/fingerprints (demographic data plus binary attachments)
o Custody status
o Disposition information (usually sent to State and local warehouses)
o Exchange events, sentencing, and disposition to courts.
o Contacts (eg, officers, prosecutors, defenders, judges, court and
corrections officials,
  probation and parole) since arrest
o Sentencing data

That's a very basic list and well-within the boundaries of what court
systems share today.  If the modules are related to IEPs and IEPs are
exchanged in accordance with the business rules of the local and state
agencies, the business rules might be set at the web service and these
are the message payloads extracted from the GJXDM as IEPs.

While I know there is no playlist yet, a playlist that can be factored
to the RFPs would be that set of IEPs corresponding to the basic exchanges
that the agencies need immediately.  Would you envision the vendor
working these out with the agency, or the agencies working these out
and then requiring them of the vendor, or some mixture?  Note that it
is the high amount of local customization for each state and agency
that keeps costs high given implementations even over customizable
systems.  So, (obviously) convincing States to convince Agencies to
share IEPs (particularly statute codelists) has big payoffs.

len

From: Daconta, Michael [mailto:Michael.Daconta@dhs.gov]

At this time there are no vertical
slices planned but we are open to suggestions.  We are still working on
the NIEM CONOPS and will look forward to this group's feedback when we
it is released (our internal vetting on this ends at the end of the
month).

As for RFPs, I suspect agencies will write into the language a
requirement to support a specific version of NIEM (possibly subsetting
to specific modules but maybe not as this would require some technical
knowledge) that is applicable to their line of business.