Subject: RE: [emergency] Re: Circle and Polygon

Offhand, I would say that including validation checks as a mandatory
item in RFPs also makes sense to me. Assuming that good practices
will be followed sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. Making
demonstrable, and accurate interoperability with a given set of CRS
might give a few vendors heartburn, and make some project managers
grumble, but, while it isn't trivial by any means, it aint QUITE
rocket science or brain surgery. It may be just a bit more important
at the time of response coordination, though.

Ciao,
Rex