Subject: Re: [emergency] Re: Circle and Polygon

On Jun 20, 2005, at 6/20/05 8:49 AM, Carl Reed OGC wrote:
> There is a way forward that is simple, non-disruptive, and provides
> 100% backwards compatibility.

Well, I'm sure the TC will look forward to hearing about it.  As you
know,  my personal concerns are:

1) That we not complicate CAP implementation for thin devices any
more than absolutely necessary; and,

2) That we not spawn inconsistent representations of target areas
that could hamper global interoperability.

And, of course, I'm still not sure we've established that this
actually is a significant problem... and I say that will all due
respect to those several advocates who seem so passionate about it.

Certainly we've identified a number of precedents for standardizing
on a single CRS, and I'm still not clear on exactly why that can't
continue to work for us, too.

- Art