Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL Schema

On 29 Jun 2005, at 16:40, Art Botterell wrote:

> One in particular that I'll note... in your version you named the
> geopolitical sub-units as "primary division" and "secondary division",
> which suggest that they have a hierarchical relationship that doesn't
> actually exist.  I think we'd be wise to stick with the "subdivision"
> and "location" nomenclature, which doesn't support that misimpression
> and actually are in line with the ISO and UN/LOCODE terminology.

I took the new names from the 5/5/05 Meeting notes [1] that said:

"4. Tom researched the use of political jurisdictional boundaries for
the target area element in the EDXL Distribution Element. He reported
this to the list 5/2 and all agreed with his recommendation that the
three divisions should be “country” “primaryDivision” and
“secondaryDivision”.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
Project Leader, NICTA, Brisbane, QLD, AUSTRALIA
P: +61 7 3000 0484 F: +61 7 3000 0480 M: +61 4 1313 2206
E: renato@nicta.com.au W: http://nicta.com.au

[1]
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/
12692/Draft%20Meeting%20Notes%205-5-05.doc>

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.