Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Seeking volunteer to provide input to NASStudy

At the very least, Carl,

I can provide a pre-publication version Part 2 of my series "Ontology
Management for Federal Agencies"  which just happens to deal with
this topic and how an agency can build the Capital Planning
Investment Control program and other materials necessary for OMB to
qualify IT investments for funding, which you have to do before you
can do what is needed to build systems capable of providing real
interoperability. Ontology Management is what gives you the reliable
rules on which rules engines can be based to convert, translate or
transform data from one system to another in a truly interoperable
fashion that isn't just a "one-off," custom-fit application or
limited to certain specific combinations of platforms, operating
systems and applications. On top of all that, the only sensible way
to do it is with Web Services and in Service-Oriented Architecture,
which I also address, although only at a high level in this report.
However, it at least gets the ducks lined up.

For Part 1:

http://www.dmreview.com/editorial/newsletter_article.cfm?nl=dmdirect&articleId=1030240&issue=20207

Ciao,
Rex