Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - EDXL Standard Format for Resource Messaging (EDXL_ResourceDraft07152005.doc) uploaded

Renato,

The referenced documents should be available on the disaster management
collaboration site - DisasterHelp may be reached at
http://www.disasterhelp.gov.  The Use Examples are there - not sure about
the NIMS documents.  You'll need to register to get username and pswd.  On
the right-hand side, click on the “Register Now” link below the login box.
 Your username will be sent to you in a registration email.

The rationale for 6 seperate standards:

1. Resource Messaging is a relatively large and complex message set
including 13 messages.  It is felt that the process will be more effective
and efficient if the problem is broken up and addressed in pieces (with
the larger document providing reference to broad scope).  The 13 messages
were broken up and sub-divided into 6 standards, because each represents a
closed-loop business process that can be implemented independently.

2. In this arena, OASIS has pursued standardization of one message at a
time.  The process does take time, and some concern has been raised about
how much time resource messaging standards will take.  Breaking out
multiple standards facilitates iterative delivery to the Emergency
Response community.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,
--
Tim Grapes
DHS Disaster Management